Searching for Truth while debunking Establishment point men.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Krugman Without a Clue

By William L. Anderson

Even when Paul Krugman gets it right, he still gets it wrong. Now, I am not someone who is a knee-jerk critic of the guy, although I generally expect Krugman to blame the wrong people and recommend the wrong "solutions."

Thus, when I saw the title of his most recent column, "Bankers Without a Clue," I thought that this might be the day that I can read a Krugman column without cringing. Perhaps, I imagined, he might even use the "bankster" term that I have seen from so many libertarians and Austrian economists. Ah, hope!

Unfortunately, Krugman gave us his tired analysis, and in doing so, he also demonstrated that he was clueless himself about the stagflation of the 1970s. (After all, Krugman being a True Believing Keynesian believes that we should not have both inflation and rising unemployment, since he already has written elsewhere that almost any economic problem can be solved by…printing more money.)

Full Story

No comments:

Post a Comment